DBFC re-claimed the title from Forward FC after a nervy 2-1 win against Corinthians. Fielding a strong side, DBFC largely controlled matters from the outset but were always wary of the Cors counter attack. The Disco boys were 2-0 up thanks to Robbie Scott and Jordan Brown and despite a fluke of a ... Posted at 5:14PM on June 6, 2017 DISCOVERY BAY CROWNED CHAMPIONS, TSG LOSE THE BATTLE TO AVOID THE DROP

DBFC re-claimed the title from Forward FC after a nervy 2-1 win against Corinthians. Fielding a strong side, DBFC largely controlled matters from the outset but were always wary of the Cors counter attack. The Disco boys were 2-0 up thanks to Robbie Scott and Jordan Brown and despite a fluke of a free kick rumoured to have been caught on video from Manjeet Barr, they held on to see the game out and deservedly claim the title.

That victory meant that Forward's match with Spartans was effectively a dead rubber, and with the wind taken out of their sails, last season's champs went down 2-0. On the day, Spartans were by far the better team, keeping the ball well and scoring with two fine finishes. Chris Ransford and Casper Tonessen were the match winners in a game played in scorching heat, made all the more difficult for Sparts who had the bare eleven. That meant Forward finished the season in second on goal difference while Sparts ended a good campaign in fifth.

J-Leaguers finished off another solid season, which at one stage looked like they may even compete for the title, with a resounding 5-1 win against an out of sorts Goodfellas. Shota Yakushiji (2), Shunske Nakamura, Ryo Tsuda and Nisgiguchi were the goal scorers in a comfortable success that saw Tom Adler get the Fellas solitary goal. The win was only enough to see the Japanese outfit finish in fourth place, with Goodfellas two places further back in sixth.

That is because USRC Gunners had already secured third place in the league on Friday night at the expense of Club Tropicana, who sent out a side full of strength and power but one which ultimately came up short. Tropics started very stronger with Dylan causing all sorts of trouble on the left flank. However, mid-way through the first half a well worked move down the right saw the effervescent Steve Cairns get to the by-line and pull back a low cross that Welshman Gwyll Cornes luckily deflected home. It was two nil moments later, as another good move pulled the Tropics defence apart and a mis hit 'Onion' shot fell kindly for Cornes, who once again made no mistake from six yards. 

Club Tropicana, knowing that a point would guarantee first division football next season, came out fighting in the second half and were camped inside the Gunners half for long periods. Despite that, the best goalkeeper in the league Matthew Chan was largely untroubled. Tropics did find a way through late on thanks to the trusted left boot of Paul Crompton, but it was too little too late as USRC held onto all three points and cap off a wonderful debut season for new manager Matt Ferriday.

That result meant that TSG knew all three points against Royale would see them leapfrog Tropics into third bottom, but it wasn't to be as the Dragons shaded a close encounter two nil. Shotgun did have much the better of the first half but as has been the case for much of the season, failed to make their chances count. Royale made them rue their mistakes with two break away goals in the second period through Kwok Ho Sang and Joseph Chagas ensuring TSG were relegated leaving the young dragons in a respectable ninth place, something to build on for next season.

HK Scottish and San P's will join the big boys in the top flight next season- here's hoping all teams will return for what promises to be another wonderful season of Legal League football.

In Div 2 and Div 3, Champions were also only decided in the final match day. Div 2 leaders HKK went head to head with 2nd placed HK Scottish, needing a victory to clinch the title. They were so close to success when they rushed to an early 3-0 lead in the first half relying on goals from Bastian Braun, Aboubacar Akendengue and Hey Chung.


However, HK Scottish showed their fighting spirit and desperation for the Champions and they first pulled one back before end of first half to get back into the game. In the second half it was all Scottish as they capitalized on the lack of fitness of the HKK players to bang in 3 more goals to record this amazing 4-3 comeback victory, and most importantly the Championship! Scoring heroes for the Scottish were Joseph Jenkinson, Lorenzo Budini Gattai, Myles Winter and Jordan Rhodes. HKK not only lost the Championship but also the promotion to D1, but they had only themselves to blame.

Right before the Kick-off of the game between San Pellegrinos and TWF, the Championship has already been awarded to the Scottish, and San Pellegrinos only had the promotion to D1 to fight for. TWF again started with 9 men but they managed to keep the clean sheet before they got back to full squad. However, two serious mistakes committed by their keeper put them two goals down before the interval. TWF got back in shape after the break and managed to create several clear chances but just failed to convert into goals, and San Pellegrinos in the other hand hammered 3 more goals to complete this 5-0 victory which earned them a place in D1 in next season. 5 goals were delivered by Charlie Clack, Peter Harrod, Rob Johnson, Garry Pratt and Parnell Hegngi respectively. 
Bants beat Shooters 2-1 to finish 4th at the table and their scorers were Jake Wright and Lee Hodgeson while Hin Man did the damage for the Shooters. Elsewhere Matt Coombes and Raju Rai scored for Soho Spartans to help them snatch a 2-0 victory over Revolution in a close battle. 
In D3, the trophy will definitely go to the KCC, either to the Royals or the Cavaliers. Before the final Monday night soccer this season KCC are leading by 3 points and they just need a point to secure the title, while Cavaliers have no choice but to get a victory first and praying for a loss by Royals. However, Royals made no mistake when they overcame the challenge from reviving Blue Samurai 3-2 and they were the D3 Champions! Scorer Luca Merlone reported duty in this important game with a brace while Paul McGunnigle also added a goal to secure this D3 title.
Ahmed Jamli and Benjamin Cadman were the scorers of the Blues.
Cavaliers in the meantime lost to Young Guns 1-3 but they could still finish as first runners-up of D3. Harry Tse put his name on the scoresheet for Cavaliers but a goal each from Albert Tong, Terrence Leung and Charles Woo helped to build up the victory for Young Guns. 
FC Louis recorded a convincing 3-0 victory over BOC but as described by manager of BOC the score line didn’t tell the whole story, especially when the game got niggly at the end with the Boys getting a red card. Calvin Luk, Jason Li and Jack Wai were the scorers for the Boys. 
Last but not least when it looked like a 2-2 draw will be the final between Legal Head and SiHK, a great goal from halfway line from Legal Head broke the deadlock to help them record this last win of the season. Niranjan Limbu banged in a brace while Josh Mak also scored a goal for Legal, while Edwin Cremers and James Yeung did the same for SiHK.
All Results

Latest Results

Mon, 15/10/2018

  • Old Speckled Men3 - 4KCC Cavaliers
  • Mes7 - 2KCC Royals

Sat, 13/10/2018

  • Dragon Valley FC5 - 3Legal Head
  • Shui Wei FC0 - 7San Pellegrinos
  • Wanchai Wolves0 - 3Revolution
  • Young Guns2 - 3The Shooters
  • BOCs0 - 0MBFC
  • HK Vikings6 - 3Samurai Blue
  • Discovery Bay FC1 - 0J Leaguers
  • Forward2 - 2Goodfellas FC
  • HK Krauts1 - 1Soho Spartans
  • HK Scottish1 - 2Wanchai Spartans